DevOps is a software development methodology that combines software development (Dev) with information technology operations (Ops) to shorten the systems development life cycle while delivering features, fixes, and updates frequently.
As DevOps practice the methodology using different sets of tools “toolchains“. These toolchains are expected to fit into one or more of the following categories:
- Coding – code development and review merging
- Building – continuous integration tools, build status
- Testing – continuous testing
- Packaging – artifact repository, application pre-deployment staging
- Releasing – change management, release approvals, release automation
- Configuring – infrastructure configuration and management.
- Monitoring – applications performance monitoring, end-user experience
Some categories are more essential in a DevOps toolchain than others; especially continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins) and infrastructure as code (e.g. Puppet).[unreliable source?][unreliable source?]
We utilize a pay per use model of operation. Whatever you use, you pay for and not a dime more. It’s as simple as that. This guiding principle means optimizing our management of your operations to make sure your expenses work within your IT budget. By understanding your business cost mandatory, we understand this: for you, IT services are the backbone of your company yet only thought about when something goes wrong. We aim to ensure you never have to think about your IT operations or cost because we are doing our jobs within your IT budget.
We understand migrating your entire IT environment either off premise for the first time or into a new cloud platform can create massive headaches, least of all unscheduled downtime costing your business money. Here at AV5 we believe the best migration is one that:
- Happens during off-peak traffic hours
- Does not run over into standard 9 – 5 business hours of operations
- Does not cause your company any money as a direct result of service downtime
By migrating your IT environment around your schedule, AV5 promises business continuity
It’s a core principle of how we do business. Every day we work to join over 16 years of IT experience with the most up-to-date cloud-based technologies to power your business needs. We are firm believers in continually pushing the bounds of modern technologies yet only when under the guidance of seasoned IT experts.
Essentially, we marry our expertise with the most up-to-date cloud-based technologies to guide every aspect of your IT environments.
RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH
Although we have over 16 years experience in the IT industry, we understand that we don’t know everything. For this reason, we put prime directive on conducting research at all stages of a B2C relationship to make sure your business needs are met with the best IT solutions available.