What’s data infrastructure design with AV5? We will take care of most operations in your data center while you can concentrate on business operations and lift cabling, servers, power, etc operations to us with peace in mind.
We do understand that trusting your core to 3rd vendor will not happen momentarily and we need to earn trust to show our expertise and respect to our customer.
we will run it infrastructure assessment to build a global map of your infrastructures such as racks and cages and then we will provide you asset management.
At AV5, we use enterprise-wide techniques to design, build, and maintain a certifiable and compliant infrastructure to meet worldwide standards and your requirements.
We will build a detailed, structured map of your servers and storages. And it usually we walk through all your racks and cages and visually inspect each piece of hardware you have:
- Make a list of servers along with their brief description, purpose, and model
- Evaluate their life cycle
- Visual inspection of each server to detect alarms and insecure connections
Network infrastructure management
Network appliances are part arteries system in your infrastructure and stability and performance. Whenever we start a network IT audit, we build global map of your network infrastructure and then break down into smaller maps and report back to you:
- A global and detailed map of your network, network appliances, and their connections
- Licenses of each device to ensure you have all your devices updated properly
- Redundancy between network devices.
- Life cycle of each device
Power distribution units
Power distribution units are one of most critical component of any data center and often are left unattended while stability and reliability is degrading over the time. We will do for you:
- Understand primary and redundant circuits provided by colocation leaser to ensure primary and redundant circuits are connected to two different power sources
- Proper rebalance power usage to avoid sequence PDU outages
- Setup proper assets management and replace fuses as the PDU’s vendor recommends.
- Perform a visual inspection to ensure all plugs are secured.
Out of bandwith access
You have network engineers who need to be in a short reach of data center for troubleshooting and maintenance. But for business purposes and saving money it’s optimal to provide tools for remote access like network engineer is sitting next to network appliances.
Out of Bandwith Management (OOB or OBM) provides fully independent network path from the Internet to console server(s) that are plugged into network appliances
Also, OBM/OOB is often used for initial setup of network appliances when data center personnel installs it, connect to console server and let remote network engineer to continue.
Based on the information we collect from internal IT audit, we can also recommend open source and commercial monitoring software:
- Servers’ hardware monitoring including temperature, fans, etc
- Network appliances hardware monitoring along with its performance.
- Power distribution monitoring, including humidity
Spare parts and devices
All electronics are degrading over time and it’s strategically important to develop a plan of emergency replacement of the parts or devices. After we ran IT assets audit, we can help you build a replacement strategy of replacement:
- Make a list of parts that are being replaced most.
- Prepare recommendations on cold standby devices.
- Detect most weakness parts of the infrastructure design
Phase II. Continious operations and routine checks
In phase, we do internal IT assets and now it’s about time to ensure that invested efforts will not be lost and the whole infrastructure will keep the same quality over the years and let you to concentrate on your business and financial optimization of your infrastructure and cost reduction.
There are a few higher level data center operations that a must be.
- Periodical visual inspection
- Emergency situation testing
- Redundancy simulation
- Remote access inspection
We understand that nothing is perfect and visual inspection is another approach for monitoring things like:
- Any abnormal lights and alerts.
- Unsecured installations and connections
- Loosy cables.
In emergency training, we break down the whole data center and define a responsible party for each piece of infrastructure, including work with your HR to establish proper shifts management. Once everything is aligned properly, we simulate failures to see if the personnel can handle the situation properly. The full report on performance along with success and failure stories will provided as well
You have invested in redundancy so much but does it really work? Outages cause reputation loss and throwing you back like few years ago. To ensure that you have redunancy in place, it need to be tested by “Downtime under control” and can be achieved by a few ways:
- Migrate traffic from part A to part B and detect defects
- Shutdown part A at peak off time under maintenance window
- Shutdown by zones.
- Simulate downtime without service interrupt
Remote access testing
You have provided remote access to your infrastructure to your engineers but over time it may stop working due to multiple reasons:
- Accounts have expired
- Significant changes in data center infrastructure
And you know that your account is not working when there’s an emergency need. And to ensure you have your account, we make list of the credentials and work with manager and engineers to test their accounts once awhile and also configure expiration reminder to refresh them when the time comes or even before